By Trista Sparks
It always seems that the biggest struggle for high school girls is finding the perfect prom dress. There are so many what ifs that go through your mind.
-What if I have the same dress as someone else?
-What if my date does not like the color?
-What if my dress does not match the theme?
-What if I don’t look good in my dress color?
-What if my dress rips or has a malfunction?
Here at the Current OC, we are going to give you all the tips to finding the perfect prom dress.
- Be sure to try your dress on with heels. You don’t want to over or under estimate the length of your dress. Be sure to try your shoes on before the big night!
- Find a dress that will match your eye, hair, or skin color.The perfect dress is one that can compliment the features you were born with.
- Picking out the perfect accessories and jewelry.
- Make sure your dress fits in all regions.
- Make sure you feel comfortable and yourself in your dress. Make sure that the dress you pick fits your personality and not just following a trend. Your dress should live up to your expectations, not someone else’s.
If you don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars for a dress you’re only going to wear once, you could go to Project Prom. It’s a completely free event that distributes gently used prom dresses to girls going to prom. It is located at 200 Tilton Road in Northfield on March 26th, 27th, and 28th.
We hope these tips will come in handy when you are prom dress shopping for May 14!